Translate

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

In triage today I found myself silently asking the following question patient after patient: ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! I mean really...you came here for that?

Constipation for 3 days, womitted once 3 hours ago, hungover, strep test, lots of boo boos and owies. If was a damn buffoon parade out there.

At one point, a psych patient ran past the back of triage and was tackled to floor by security. That was exciting....it was the most excitement we got believe me.

Come on down, Miss wah wah, I got a headache, you're the next contestant on the the biggest idiot show.

5 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Don't ya wish that people could spell Emergency and then define the damn word. I swear I hate the way EDs are being abused by this f'ed up system, no make that an abortion pretending to be a system.

Great photo !~!

rnraquel said...

Do you think if all ER patients had to pay even a small copay that it would help?

Miss B. Havior said...

Make that a small co-pay that increases with each visit. That'll keep away the frequent fliers!

EDNurseasauras said...

Wouldn't make any difference. They would still whine about having no money, ask for a supply of narcs to last "until I get my check", demand footies, 23 warm blankets, a handful of bandaids for use at home (but came in with back pain), and finally a taxi voucher. Of course they are pissed because the driver is instructed " no stops" even though they are out of butts. Can't refuse service so demand for payment is useless.

FabulousRN said...

HA! Oh, man that would've been soo awesome to see. Full on tackle. Now, thats good entertainment!